Motorcycle riders are at a higher risk for injuries and death than drivers or passengers in a car. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash.
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by several factors, including driver error, road conditions, and mechanical problems. Let’s discuss some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents, why these crashes are more severe, and why you need legal representation.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact a competent motorcycle lawyer in Atlanta from The Super Lawyer Legal Group right away. We have experience handling motorcycle accident cases and can help you with legal representation.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents More Severe?
Motorcycle accidents are likely to be more severe than any other kind of accident, here’s why:
- Motorcycles are less visible than cars, so they are more likely to be involved in accidents.
- Motorcycles don’t have the same safety features as cars, such as seat belts, airbags, and crumple zones.
- Motorcycle riders are more at risk because they are more likely to be speeding or driving recklessly. This increases the chances of an accident and the severity of the injuries (though this may not necessarily be the case with you).
- Also, some motorcyclists don’t wear helmets, further putting themselves at risk.
If you use a motorcycle, it’s important to be aware of the risks. Make sure you wear a helmet and protective gear. Ride defensively and be aware of other drivers. And, if you are involved in an accident, contact an experienced motorcycle lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia without delay.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
There are several causes of motorcycle accidents, the most common among them are driver error, road conditions, or mechanical problems, here are the details:
One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents is driver error. This can include anything from speeding to tailgating to distracted driving. If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident, one of the first things you should do is ask the other driver what happened. If they admit to making a mistake, it can be helpful to get their contact information so you can follow up with them later.
This includes anything from potholes to debris on the road. If you got into a motorcycle accident due to this, be sure to take pictures of the road conditions so you can show them to your lawyer.
One of the less common causes of motorcycle accidents is mechanical problems. This can happen due to anything between a flat tire and a faulty brake light. After the accident, be sure to get the contact information of the mechanic who worked on your bike so you can follow up with them later in your legal representation of the case.
Why Do You Need To Get Legal Representation
You were driving your bike and minding your own business when another driver cuts you off, sending you flying off your bike. You hit the pavement hard, and now you’re dealing with serious injuries. Will you let it go like that? You deserve compensation for that. Your loss and pain and suffering will be paid if you get legal representation. You’re not alone! Contacting a competent lawyer and taking the fight to the legal arena is your best bet for maximizing your compensation.
Things To Do After A Motorcycle Accident:
- The first thing you should do after a motorcycle accident is to seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
- Once you’ve seen a doctor, you should contact a motorcycle accident lawyer.
- The insurance company may try to lowball you or deny your claim outright. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will know how to deal with the insurance company and get you the compensation you deserve.
- You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- If the other driver was at fault and acted very recklessly, you may also be able to recover punitive damages if the case goes to trial.
- Don’t try to deal with the insurance company or the other driver on your own. Let experienced motorcycle accident attorneys help you get the compensation you deserve.
Why Do You Need To Hire An Attorney After A Motorcycle Accident?
The first thing you need to do is assess the damage. If there was significant damage to either the motorcycle or the riders, then it’s likely that you will need to hire an attorney.
Next, you need to consider who was at fault for the accident. If the other driver was at fault, you will probably need to hire an attorney to help you recover damages. However, if you were at fault or if the accident was caused by a mechanical failure, you may not need to hire an attorney.
Finally, you need to think about the insurance companies. If the other driver’s insurance company is refusing to pay, you will probably need to hire an attorney. However, if you have good insurance, they may cover the damages.
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, there may be grounds for filing a lawsuit against the person who caused your accident or the person who insured them. You may wish to speak to a lawyer to find out if your situation would be suitable for a lawsuit.
Remember that filing a lawsuit can be a long and difficult process, and you must have an experienced lawyer on your side to ensure that you have the best chance of coming out victorious.
If you’re not sure whether or not you need to hire an attorney, the best thing to do is to talk to one. Our personal injury attorneys offer free consultations, so you can get some advice without having to commit to anything. If you do decide to hire an attorney, be sure to choose one who is experienced in handling motorcycle accident cases – such as our legal team in Atlanta!
Let Our Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers Help You!
Motorcycle accidents are more severe than car accidents for several reasons. Motorcyclists are more exposed to the elements and have less protection than occupants of a car. They are less stable than cars, meaning that they are more likely to tip over in an accident. Because of their size, motorcycles are more likely to be hit by other vehicles. All of these factors contribute to the fact that motorcycle accidents are more likely to result in serious injuries or death.
If you are involved in a serious motorcycle accident, it is important to know what to do next as soon as possible. After getting the treatment you need and assessing your damage, reach out to The Super Lawyer Legal Group for legal representation and more. It is important to find a lawyer and begin the legal process right – strike the iron while it’s hot!
Get in touch with the best Georgia personal injury lawyers from The Super Lawyer Legal Group to secure maximum compensation for your case.
Call us now for a free consultation!