If you have been involved in an auto accident recently that left you with a fractured arm or leg, you can claim compensation for your injuries from the at-fault party. In case you or someone in your family is struggling with a broken bone due to someone else’s fault, you can take legal action against the at-fault party and collect damages for your pain. The most important thing is to work with a Decatur broken bone injury lawyer.
Proving negligence of the at-fault party is no easy task. You need legal expertise from an experienced personal injury lawyer in Decatur, GA to prove your claim. Reginald A. Greene or “The Super Lawyer” is your trusted partner in Decatur, GA to represent your case and obtain maximum compensation from the responsible party.
We have the necessary experience, knowledge, and negotiation skills to take your case to trial in case the insurance company denies your claim for whatever reason. Call The Super Lawyer in Decatur, Georgia at 404-574-4308 to handle your broken bone injury lawsuit and claim maximum benefits to cover your medical bills and lost wages!
What Is a Bone Fracture?
A bone fracture is a partial or complete break in the bone. There are different types of broken bones that could be caused due to a wide variety of factors including car accidents, workplace injuries, slip and falls, and more.
Fractures are classified as open or closed where an open fracture is when the broken bone pokes through the skin and can be seen. On the other hand, a closed fracture is when the bone is broken but the skin is intact.
What Are the Common Symptoms of a Broken Bone?
The symptoms can be different for each patient. Here are some of the most common symptoms of a broken bone:
- Unable to bear weight
- Sudden pain
- Trouble using or moving the injured area
- Obvious deformity
What Are Some of the Common Causes of a Broken Bone?
There are many causes of broken bones. Here are some of the most common causes of broken bones:
- Fall from a height
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Child abuse
- Repetitive forces including bone fractures due to running
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
What Bones Are Most Commonly Broken in Accidents?
Any bone in the body can be broken, but some of the most common broken bones include.
- Collarbone – This is one of the most common bones that break during an accident.
- Hip bone – A hip fracture usually happens when the upper part of the thighbone (femur) breaks.
- Wrist bones – The distal radius fracture is a common fracture of the wrist.
- Arm bones – After an auto accident, signs that indicate a broken arm include pain when moving the arm, swelling, decreased sensation, and more.
- Ankle bone – A broken or fractured ankle can happen during an auto or other type of accident.
- Leg bones – Leg fractures are some of the most common broken bones after car accidents.
- Fingers and toes – This is another common injury resulting from a car accident.
What Are the Different Types of Broken Bones?
There are different types of bone fractures that can be open, closed, partial, or complete. Here are some of the different types of broken bones from car accidents.
- Transverse – Transverse fractures are breaks that occur in a straight line across the bone.
- Spiral – Spiral fractures are fractures that spiral around the bone.
- Oblique – An oblique fracture is when a fracture is diagonal across the bone.
- Comminuted – A comminuted fracture is when the bone is broken into three or more pieces.
What Are the Common Complications Associated With Broken Bones?
Most broken bones will heal normally. But some patients may experience certain complications during the healing process. Here are some of the most common complications associated with broken bones:
- Stiff joints
- Sores from wearing a cast
- Nerve and blood vessel damage
- Swollen muscles
- Bleeding into a joint that causes pain and swelling or hemarthrosis
- Blood clots
- And more.
What Are the Damages & Compensation Available for Broken Bones?
A Decatur broken bone injury lawyer can file a personal injury claim on your behalf and negotiate a settlement with the insurance provider. The type of claim that can be filed may depend on the type of accident that resulted in your broke bone condition.
If you were involved in an auto accident, our team of experienced personal injury lawyers will initiate a personal injury claim against the at-fault driver’s car insurance. you can seek compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and a host of other benefits.
Here are some of the damages and compensation you could claim after a broken bone injury due to an auto accident:
- Medical bills – both past and future
- Lost income due to the fracture
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost earning capacity
- Damages to personal property
- Loss of household services
- Physical impairment and disfigurement
In case the insurance company tries to deny your claim or refuses to agree to a reasonable settlement, our team will pursue justice by taking your case to trial. You should work with the best personal injury law firm in Decatur, GA when taking your case to court and obtaining the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Call Our Decatur Broken Bone Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review!
The Super Lawyer has been representing accident victims for many years and obtained millions of dollars in compensation on their behalf. That is why you need to trust The Super Lawyer in Decatur for all your personal injury lawsuits. When you choose The Super Lawyer, we make sure to fight for the justice and compensation you rightly deserve.
If you have suffered broken bones in an auto accident due to someone else’s fault, you can claim compensation from the at-fault party. The Super Lawyer is here to help file your claim. Call The Super Lawyer in Decatur, Georgia at 404-574-4308 to handle your broken bone injury lawsuit and claim maximum compeneation to cover your medical bills and lost wages!